God's Word for Me Today



God has been dropping scriptures into my heart for a couple of weeks now and just last night, they all connected to form a teaching. I was so excited that I wanted to share it.

The first scripture was Prov. 4:23: Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life.
This is a very important practice. When the enemy (or people) shoot arrows at my heart, I need to know how to guard it so I'm not beaten down. So the question for me became, "Ok God. Show me how to guard my heart because I don't know how."

Here was His answer:
Eph 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, and with the breastplate of righteousness in place...
What is righteousness? It is right standing with God. Meaning that when Jesus became our righteousness and God looks at us through him, we have a good position with our Father. We can stand in God's presence without guilt as if sin never existed. We can have confidence with the Father. We don't have to waste time trying to establish our own righteousness because Jesus already established it for us! Just walk in it. So, to guard my heart when the enemy or people try to make me feel bad about myself, I just need to remind myself of the truth! I have confidence and right standing with my Father!

Eph 6:16, 17 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. So, to guard my heart with these weapons, I need to know, speak and have faith in the word of God. Well, I can know and speak God's word easily, but how do I grow my faith? God answered me with this: Grow it by feeding it!

Alright. So how do I feed my faith?

Isaiah 55:2 Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
Matt 4:4 Jesus said: Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
So I need to listen to God's word and eat it. Or meditate on it. Using my imagination, I can spend time picturing what God's word looks like lived out in my life. That feeds my faith.

Matt 5:6 Jesus said: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
So, it goes back to my point in the beginning: Meditate on and remember your right standing with God bought for you by Jesus. Prize it! Recognize the power of it! That feeds my faith.

John 4:34 Jesus said: My food is to do the will of my Father.
Spending time talking to God throughout the day and living out His best for my life feeds my faith!

Heb 13:15  .....let us offer praise to God continually, that is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name. Praising God with my lips feeds my faith! On the other hand, speaking out my fears, destroys my faith.

Pretty good stuff, huh??? Thank you God!!!

Comments

  1. Written a year ago, this blessed my starving soul today. I came across your blog through Pinterest. My 3 little girls have grown up and 2 have little ones of their own. You do live a crazy life at this point in time...lean into that Grace that is available to you each moment! Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy-
    I am so glad you were blessed by this. I haven't read it in a while, so it was great to be reminded of this today. Thank you for your words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines Tree

DADS!!!

Balloon Party For Elle Belle