Happy Mother's Day

Being a mom has stretched my heart wider than I ever knew it could go and made me more vulnerable than  I would ever have chosen to be. And I LOVE every minute of it! Well, maybe not every minute, but at least 90% of the minutes. Some days 85%, but I digress.

As I looked through old pictures to find the ones I wanted to share on this blog, I got teary eyed several times. It is so good to look at the women you come from. The beautiful, strong, loving women. I especially enjoy seeing pictures of them at my age or younger and who they were before they had large families, children and grandchildren.

I am so thankful for my mom. She was/is my teacher, protector, intercessor, confidant, comforter and friend. And I am thankful for both of my grandmothers and the sacrifices they made to pass on such a wonderful legacy to all of us.

I saw a sign that sums it up: Home Is Where Your Mom Is!





I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day!


My Grandma Meeks


One of my all time favorite pictures. My grandma raised 5 kids and she knows how to love babies!

My Grandma Crews


Look how stylish and pretty my dad's mom was!


And My Momma


We're # 1!

The movie star

Hot mamma

This picture captures the safety, warmth and simplicity of being a kid and having your mom take care of you.

Look at that gorgeous hair!

Even in the 70's and 80's, Mom rocked the style! My pretty mom!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines Tree

DADS!!!

Balloon Party For Elle Belle